Do the right things in the right ways for your business and community.
For regulated natural gas and hazardous liquid pipelines, an integrity management program that complies with federal regulations isn’t just good for the community and the environment; it’s the smart thing to do for your business. However, interpreting the regulations, avoiding oversights, optimizing resources, and completing the work is a complex task that requires time, effort, and expertise that many busy operators simply don’t have to spare.
Create an effective, streamlined, and efficient integrity management program.
Since the establishment of integrity management requirements in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 Parts 192 and 195 nearly two decades ago, HT Engineering has been helping regulated pipeline operators understand and comply with the rules. Our experienced professionals have in-depth knowledge of the requirements along with extensive hands-on experience with what works—and what doesn’t—in certain applications and environments. We use our unique perspective to help you interpret the guidelines and make critical judgment calls so you can prioritize the right repairs and preventive and mitigative projects to ensure your operations remain safe, sound, and compliant in the most efficient ways possible.
From program planning and completing cost/benefit analyses to documenting the work with traceable, verifiable, and complete records, we can provide end-to-end support. We can also pitch in and help support specific projects or initiatives as needed to fill the gap when your own personnel don’t have the bandwidth to juggle projects and daily operations at the same time.
Our process includes:
- Information gathering and integrity threat assessment, including consideration of water crossings, evaluating depth of cover, and looking for evidence of theft.
- Prioritizing where, when, and how to perform integrity assessments.
- Prescribing the best technologies or methods for each assessment.
- Interpreting inspection reports and coordinating and overseeing digs and additional in-depth investigations as needed.
- Prioritizing, coordinating, and project managing repairs and preventive and mitigative measures.
- Assuring correct and high-quality documentation of all inspections, tests, digs, and repairs.
- Developing, improving, and managing integrity programs, including depth of cover programs, pipe support replacement initiatives, and integrity digs programs, in response to short or long-term initiatives.
- Meeting regulatory reporting requirements and timeframes.
- Preparing for and assisting with integrity management audits.
Protect the environment, the community, and your business.
A streamlined integrity management program that leverages best practices at every step is the key to meeting safety and compliance requirements in the most efficient way for your business while helping your operations avoid the potentially disastrous outcomes of a loss of containment. At HT Engineering, we’re committed to helping you understand the rules, assess your threats, and plan and implement your integrity management program accordingly for a solution that works on every dimension.
Integrity Management Services
Integrity Management Program Consulting
- Program development, maintenance, and improvement
- Audit preparation and support
- Threat identification
- Assessment method(s) selection
- In-Line Inspection (ILI) Specifications
- ILI Run Management
- ILI Data Quality Control, Integration, and Management
- ILI Repair Plan Development
- Hydrostatic test engineering and project management
Dig, Inspection, and Repair Program
- Integrity digs program management
- Repair plan management
- Dig Sheet Generation – Example Dig Sheet
- Dig planning and permitting
- Excavation, inspection, and repair contractor management
- Repair method determination
- Documentation and audit support
Other Integrity Initiatives and Programs
- Depth of cover
- Pipe support replacements
- Coating rehabilitation
Risk Assessment and Screening
- Hazards and Operability (HAZOP) Studies
- Scenario Based Risk Assessments (SBRAs)
- Water crossings, depth of cover, theft screenings
Preventive and Mitigative Measures
"We have used the HT Engineering dig packets for the last two years of a integrity repair program in Michigan. HT Engineering's dig packets are well organized, clear, concise, and have helped our team's efficiency by always knowing exactly where the girth welds are located and the features to repair. We have full confidence at every dig location when we have their inspection dig sites sheets on location. I know our crews, foreman, and project management team appreciate the dig packets and are very pleased with how HT engineering is always contactable with any questions that may arise. I would highly recommend contacting HT Engineering and learning about their dig sheets."